Monday, April 24, 2006

Ouroboros

And, so, the world spins on...
Seeking solace from crowds, technology and this often-claustraphobic settlement, my partner and I escaped to his sandstone cottage and slept and sat and wrote in the sun. It was so good just to be- just for a moment after a month of constant technology, illness, stress, tradgedy and melted-glass-warped like only sleep-deprivation can cause... It was my choice to produce such a detailed work, but then, I really have no choice, but to create with precision and detail...it's the digital simeon on my back...or at least sinking its claws right into my cerebro-cortex...

and once again, my train of attention hurtles off minto the night...

Meanwhile, back at my lover's shack...we emerged for Chinese at the local Golf/RSL club. On approach, it was like stepping into the establishing shot in the ultimate quirky Aussie restaurant in Woop Woop. We were greeted by an shiny-black-animated- amiable-tailess cat. I planned a prwan smugglery.

We dined against a cacophony of meat-tray raffle and lottery draws, each revelation
incurring a comment like: "well, they've only been in town for fourteen months, but it looks like thy're trying to win every-bloody-thing!"

Our dinner was mis-ordered because it was so hard to hear, but I did recieve one oddity I asked for...Seafood Birdsnest. Are they flying fish or are they caught by kingfishers, or is life just stranger than it already seems...

Anyway, it was delicious and it gradually died down to a natural human twang.

I recieved the news that my friends had had a baby. The father was once a crazy punk front-man to a band who performed bouncing on clothless mattress springs and living a generally Vivienesque existance. The mother a highly spirited beading gypsy character with a deliciously light hold on normality.

They now live quietly on a worm farm and now a new generation has emerged so soon after all of this death.

Ouroboros bites its tail hard and beginnings and deaths are closer than all the prosaic middle-years of existance.


"Beginning, end...end, beginning- all the same thing!",
Ogra- the Dark Crystal.

The next day my Dad won me a new red bycicle- in fact, the first good-quality, new bike I will have ever owned...

...funny how it all goes round...
Namaskar













eXTReMe Tracker