Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Steve, Bill & Snuffy...

Ok- I'm blogging while my file is processed...I'm trying to take a PC video file from the net to edit on my Mac... Why-oh, why is it so bloody hard...you'd think a big company would want to make advertising material all-too-accessible...grrr-it's a PC user's world... but then, again, I'm used to trying to function in a format which is incompatible with most beast-machines...

OK- what I'm doing is working on a video for a company who will be making water from thin air...pretty nifty, hey, but ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh the technological divide between Mac and PC... to work with the two is as if to walk the waiting sands between halves of the parted Red Sea...

Actually, they're a little like Ernie and Bert... I see the halves of the brain, hell, even the limbic and prefrontal lobes, as Ernie and Bert...but, of Mac and PC, who's really Ernie and who's Bert...?
Mac could be Bert, because it's so much more neat, formal and institiutional than PC, yet Mac could be Ernie, because it's so much more creative and lateral. Mac and PC. Steve and Bill. Who's the Bert, there? Steve because he was such a stroppy-pants, or Bill because he was so straight and beige...?

And, as for Amiga- that's gotta be Snuffleuppagus- BEFORE every man and their Barkley could see him...!














eXTReMe Tracker